Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas party #1

I am in a small group with several other freshmen on Tuesday nights. We meet in the home of one of the couples on staff. It is one of the highlights of my week. This week we had a Christmas party complete with decorating Christmas cookies and making a gingerbread house. "White Christmas" was playing in the background and there was plenty of hot chocolate and a variety of other cookies Missy had made. It was a fun time just goofing around together.

DSCF3947

It has been a loooong time since I made sugar cookies.

DSCF3951

Ben and Missy (our small group leaders) have three young children who had a blast cutting out the cookies as fast as we could roll out the dough.

DSCF3964

DSCF3965

DSCF3968

DSCF3984

We attacked the cookies with the frosting after the kids went to bed.

DSCF3978

These were definitely the most colorful Christmas cookies I have ever made.

DSCF3985

Most of our group. Missy is behind the camera and there are three more guys absent.

DSCF3989

Yes, they really are that tall. (And yes, I really am that short.) I get plenty of brotherly ribbing from the guys in my small group. Thankfully, my own brothers (and a certain Peter M.) have conditioned me well when it comes to teasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment