Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Incompetence and brothers with a good sense of humor

Last night's hermeneutics homework was another stretcher for me, even though it probably should NOT have been. Following is the email I sent to my brothers after I was finally finished (and quite unsatisfied with my work).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bleh! Once again I feel like an idiot. Can't....think...... Should....be.....obvious......

AARGH!

We are supposed to explain what the figures of speech mean in Ps. 102:1-14. "My bones have been scorched like a hearth?" Ummmmmm...... He's saying.....uh..... Okay, I know he's in distress, but what he means by this is.....uh....

*bangs head on desk*

Why is this so hard?

Because I'm not smart enough, that's why! Sometimes I feel like I'm finally learning how to analyze, and then...

*sigh*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Seth's response:
"For those rare moments you seem to lack cognitive energy and insight, you more than make up for it with dramatics, haha!!!"

hee, hee! Yup. He caught the gist of it. There was neither tears nor blood associated with last night's assignment. My email was more like one of those times when do something really and you just HAVE to tell your friend about it and allow them to share in the laughter. "Hey, guess what I just did? How could I be so stupid! LOL!"

No comments:

Post a Comment