Sunday, November 25, 2007

There's no place like home

As I drove back to school after spending Thanksgiving with Uncle Jan's in Indiana, I found myself thinking about NTBI as being "home." Hmmm... No, not really. I was not looking forward to diving back into the books after a nice long weekend away, but I have only three more weeks of study before I can REALLY go home for Christmas. Hurrah!

Following is a picture tour of my Thanksgiving weekend. It was wonderful! I am thankful that Uncle Jan and Aunt Karen live within a relatively easy driving distance from the school. I'm looking forward to going down again next Thanksgiving. Or maybe if I can get away for a Purdue football game with Uncle Jan next fall....

DSCF3891

Aunt Karen said James was bouncing off the walls all day Wednesday waiting for me to get there. (I believe it!) It was fun having a little brother to hug and tease again.

DSCF3874

Yesterday afternoon James gave me the grand tour of their place. It doesn't look too cold, but my fingers and cheeks were almost numb by the time we were finished.

DSCF3867

This is looking out back behind their house.

DSCF3873

As you can see, James took his role as tour guide very seriously.

DSCF3886

DSCF3887

DSCF3908

How cool to have your very own creek!

DSCF3907

DSCF3914

DSCF3857

The family.

DSCF3855

That crazy dog would curl up on Aunt Karen's lap and then lay his head on her shoulder just like a child. It was so funny.

DSCF3863

This is what a philosophy professor's office looks like.

DSCF3918

Twins! Sort of.

DSCF3919

He might look like a wild mountain man, but don't let that fool you. With a degree in biochemistry/biophysics and a doctorate in philosophy, he's a genius, but he's also the most down-to-earth guy you'll ever meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment