Thursday, November 15, 2007

An autumn romp

We did not have normal classes today because of Day of Prayer, so yesterday afternoon Lindsey, Rochelle, Hanna, Chloe (R & H's friend from Guinea) and I took advantage of, shall we say, the lack of urgency to do homework and went to the old cemetery in town. It was a beautiful afternoon. I wish my camera could have captured the colors better.

DSCF3740

DSCF3741

The colors were amazing!

DSCF3744

I would like to know exactly what that building is/was used for. The grill-like roof look suspiciously charred...

DSCF3749

The gravestones in the older part of the cemetery were very spread out and sparce.

DSCF3752

Dear friend Lindsey.

DSCF3758

I loved walking through the piles of leaves and listening to the crunching sound.

DSCF3759

Rochelle is another "little sister" I will love for life. I'm so thankful we are both freshmen together.

DSCF3769

DSCF3771

DSCF3779

Can you say "imposing?" This is definitely the largest grave marker I have ever seen. And the strange thing is, it was out in the middle of the woods all by itself with the exception of a few other gravestones.

DSCF3780

To put things a bit more in perspective, Lindsey is 6' 2". Yes, this thing was definitely a monster.

DSCF3787

Note the random grave stones.

DSCF3791

DSCF3792

DSCF3796

DSCF3798

DSCF3800

hee, hee! Don't tell Rochelle I posted this one. She'd be mortified.

DSCF3806

The End(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment