Thursday, January 17, 2008

Say what?!

Isaiah
Jeremiah 
Hosea 
Joel
Amos
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Zephaniah

.....must be read by Monday.  !!!  It's a good thing I started reading during break.  But even still I'm only on chapter 40 of Isaiah.

The book we are using for Greek Study Tools is really good.  I appreciate the author's attitude.  Following is a quote from his introduction:

"There are limitations to our approach, or what I like to call "baby Greek." You will not be learning the full language, and my concern is that you will forget that you know only a little. I’m going to give you the ability to sound authoritative by citing Greek and Hebrew words and grammar, and perhaps be completely wrong. I actually put off writing this book for several years because of this concern, but I finally came to the conclusion that it's not a little Greek that proves dangerous. It's a little bit of pride that proves dangerous.

"If you don't respect this fact, then these tools can become just another way in which you can be wrong."

I like that.  It can apply to so many different areas of our lives.

**Edit**
I need someone good at English grammar to help me with my Greek homework. 

Currently Reading
Greek for the Rest of Us: Using Greek Tools Without Mastering Biblical Languages
By William D. Mounce
see related

No comments:

Post a Comment