Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Here today, gone tomorrow

Yesterday, being Monday, several of us girls ate our lunch outside in the cold and snow.  (I am sorry I do not have pictures to show for it.)  Because our picnic tables have been put in storage for the winter, we sat in the wooden play fort.  There was roughly three inches of snow on the ground, it was in the mid-30's with a slight breeze, and my fingers were frozen by the time we were done.  More than one person (teachers included) declared us as "crazy" as we took our laden plates out of the school.  I must admit that I was slightly inclined to agree with them.  :)

And then....today.  I am kicking myself for not having taken my camera out yesterday, because today the snow is completely GONE.  Completely.  It warmed up in the afternoon (40-ish) and we got quite a bit of rain during the evening/night.  I had no idea snow could melt away so quickly.  I am told there is supposed to be another storm coming in tonight, so hopefully the ground will be white when I wake up again tomorrow.  If I am going to live in Michigan during the winter months, I might as well enjoy the full effects of a snowy winter.  I may have to eat my words by the time April rolls around.




If you look really carefully you will see sitting in there.  "Hi!"


As I side note, the following is what happens when I give my camera to Lindsey and ask her to take a picture for me...


Self portraits.


                                      
"Enough already!"

Funny friend. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment