Thursday, October 25, 2007

PCM and small group

Following is a slightly modified snippet of a note I sent a friend the other day....

"Right now I am waiting for the bathroom floors to dry so I can take down the "Wet Floor" signs. All of the students (married and single) are assigned a PCM (personal campus ministry) when school starts. Basically, it is the students who take care up the upkeep and maintenance of the building. There is a PPD (Physical Plant Department) that takes care of the bigger projects, but all the cleaning and such is done by us. (As a side note, are you picking up that NTBI likes to use acronyms?) Quite honestly, we have a very clean school. It's pretty impressive really. Every three days I am responsible for cleaning the women's restroom and showers down by the pool. Compared to cleaning the bathrooms at church after day care like we used to on weekends, it's a snap. :)

"Anyway, after the floors are dry (which they should be by now) I will head across the street for my small group. A couple on staff offered to have a weekly small group with around twelve of the freshmen. It was a "first come, first serve" deal. I signed up RIGHT away for two reasons. 1) It would be a perfect opportunity to get to know more of the staff (and in their home, no less) and a smaller group of freshmen, and 2) there was no prep work involved. Perfect! We are going through part of the "That the World May Know" DVD series put out by Focus on the Family. Each of the lessons take place at a different location in Israel. The studies have been really interesting, and it is so nice to be in an actual home setting. The evenings are always a relaxing and encouraging break, even when I know I have hours (sometimes) of homework waiting for me when we're done, and it has really helped us (the students) to get to know each other better. I even "suffered" some brotherly teasing this week. It felt just like home. *wink* The couple's names are Ben and Missy Hatton. Very nice people. Ben will be teaching some of my Bible classes, and I am really looking forward to it."

No comments:

Post a Comment