Sunday, October 21, 2007

Dorothy is still in Kansas

Tornadoes are one thing that I never even thought to consider as a possibility when coming to Michigan. But now I know! When I first heard the sirens in town I thought to myself, "Hmm. I don't remember hearing that siren before. I wonder what it is. Oh, well." Silly California girl.

Thankfully the tornado passed us by, although it did touch down in the town where I go to church (approx 30 north of here). It was very calm around midnight when we were put on alert, and then around 12:30 the winds became fierce! The tornado alert had been lifted by then, and apparently we were just experiencing the winds from it. It was pretty intense.

But now the skies are blue and the temperatures have been in the mid-70's. My roommate tells me it could be snowing by next week. Oh, well. I am enjoying the fall colors in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment