Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gah!! Extremely loud noise!

We had a fire drill today. Fortunately, I was NOT in the shower when the alarm went off. It is my understanding that by law the school is required to have four fire drills and one tornado drill every semester.

I am currently working on a paper on Augustine for my hermeneutics class. Aside from the usual bio information (where/when he was born, where he went to school, family and personal life, etc) we are also supposed to determine which hermaneutic he employed regarding the following issues:

A. The Kingdom of God - Literal, spiritual, or allegorical?
B. The Church and Israel - Does the Church get the promises of Israel? Why or why not?
C. Old Testament Prophecy Fulfilled - For Israel, the Church; literally, allegorically, or spiritually?

The most challenging part about this assignment is that we are only allowed five hours to work on it. (gulp!) If we have spent the allotted five hours but have not completed the paper we are supposed to write, "I have completed five hours" and turn in the paper as is. Interesting, eh?

As I was leaving the dining hall this evening, one of the staff children (12 boy) was asking a guy if he wanted whatever was in the five gallon bucket he was carrying. I peeked inside and immediately recoiled. It was a huge, brown praying mantis. That thing was probably five inches long!! Yuck! I hate praying mantises. I saw one eat the head off of another one once, and I haven't liked them since. There is another guy here at school that has a praying mantis and he said he feeds it crickets and grasshoppers. (shivers!)

......after I got back up to my dorm I thought maybe I should keep it myself. It might help me get used to gigantic bugs just in case I end up in a tribe someday. But alas, I have nothing in which to keep the dear little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment