Sunday, August 19, 2007

Arrived safely

Over the last four days Peter and I traversed Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois, skirted Indiana, and finally arrived in Michigan. I really enjoyed watching the scenery change as we traveled further and further east. It was a good trip. We went to Mt. Rushmore and found our way through the masses of pedestrians to the John Hancock building in Chicago. At the Hancock building the elevator launched us to the 95th floor at sixty miles per hour. It was an amazingly smooth ride, but you could definitely feel the pressure in your ears when we came back down.

And now I am trying to get everything settled in my dorm. The girls' dorms are on the third floor, so I'll get plenty of exercise going up and down the stairs if nothing else. Hurrah! I have two room mates and a total of twelve dorm mates. I have heard our dorm referred to as "the Pent House." Ours is the only dorm with a full kitchen and our own bathroom.

It has been gray and rainy all day. So different from August in CA.

I am glad to finally be here. It still doesn't seem real. Thank you again to all you who are praying for me. I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment