Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thanksgiving - Day 12

It's kind of silly, but I keep finding myself almost overwhelmed trying to decide what to be thankful for each day.  "How can I choose just one thing?"

Anyway....

Today I'm thankful for my co-workers.  Blessed! blessed! blessed!  These two ladies are particularly special to me. 

 

Conni (left) came on staff just a couple weeks before I did, and due to some housing issues, I ended up staying with her in tiny apartment for the first five or so weeks until my own apartment became available.  We didn't know each other very well at all, but we hit it off tremendously well.  We've both said that if a house had been available where we could each have our own room, we would gladly have continued living together.  It's a good thing we got along as well as we did, because our living quarters were very tight.  Almost comically so.  :)

As it turned out, I ended up moving into a duplex with Lisa.  Her apartment was on the floor level, and mine was/is upstairs.  Lisa's gentle spirit, wisdom, and open walk with the Lord bless me time and time again.  Last year we were "dorm moms" together, and it was a pleasure getting to know her as we did things together with our seven dorm daughters.  Did I mention her Irish accent?  I could listen to her all day.

These are only two of the many who are becoming like family to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment