Friday, September 20, 2013

The business office

It's really not such a scary place.  Yes, it's where the students have to pay their school bill, and sometimes finances (or the lack thereof) can be a bit stressful, but really, we're quite nice.  And we love it when students stop by to chat.

One thing I really enjoy about working in the business office is seeing God provide for the students in completely unexpected ways.  He's really good at that.  For example, a personal check made payable to one of the freshman was recently turned in for his account, but he failed to signed it over to the school.  (I'll call him Ben.)  Ben's new to the ropes, so no big deal.  I tracked him down and when I explained the situation, he looked a bit blank.  I handed him the check, explaining that he needed to endorse the back so we could put it on his account, but he just stared at it.  And stared. 

I was beginning to wonder if somehow I hadn't been clear, when he finally said, "But....I just met this guy."  The check was for a very sizable amount, and the giver was someone Ben had met only a few days before.  Their conversation had lasted no more than ten minutes, but God used this individual to invest in Ben's Bible education and the start of his missionary training.  I seriously wanted to jump up and down, because God's just that good and He deserves that kind of praise. 

That is only one of the many ways I've seen God providing this semester, and we're only four weeks into the new school year.  Go, God!!

I might or might not use M&M's as a way of drawing students into the office. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment