Sunday, October 23, 2011

The joys of children

 
This little fellow (who wasn't entirely certain about the frosting on the bite of cake I offered him) represents one of the best parts of my months at home since completing the cross-cultural ministry training with New Tribes Mission in May.  It has been an absolute joy babysitting him and his wee sister twice a week while their parents are at work.  It has also been a tremendous responsibility and opportunity to teach him the truths of God's word.  Although not yet three, he is a sponge and takes in absolutely everything I say and do.  "Monkey see, monkey do?"  That's him. 

Along similar lines, I've also had the privilege of teaching the story/lesson to the Sparks in our Awana program.  At ages K-2nd they are little sponges as well, and I love watching them grasp the concepts about God we've been talking about the last month or so.

 Hiding God's word in their hearts.


"Who can tell me what a rubber band reminds us about God?"


Off to game time.

 It was Crazy Hair Night.  Just in case you couldn't tell.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment