Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday (and Friday)




I have always liked Sundays.  There is just something...restful about the day.  Even when I'm swamped with homework and have little time for myself.  Thankfully, today is not one of those days.  Most of my homework this block consists of reading, reading, reading.  Today is a rainy Sunday which always has a nice cozy feel to it (even though I cannot actually see outside when I'm in my room.  No window.  *sigh*)  We have been getting quite a bit of rain the last couple days, so it feels a lot like winter back at home.  The temperature is supposed to drop back down into the 30's for the highs later on this week, but I don't mind.  Things will be greening up before we know it.

Friday evening I and a few other girls went over to one of my teacher's house for supper.  (Scot and April with their kiddos Jon Wiley and Madison.)  I just love the staff here.  It is always a joy to be in their homes with them and their families and see them in a more relaxed setting.  We went a little early to help April make the pizzas.  Additional joy!  I forget how much I miss working in a kitchen until I have an opportunity like Friday. 



April (not in this picture) makes her pizzas in cast iron skillets.  The crust gets a nice crunch on the bottom like it does when you use a pizza stone. 



Scot and April are from Kentucky, and he has the greatest southern accent.  We have had him for Biblical Foundations (an overview of the Bible as a whole), Acts, Romans, Soteriology (the doctrine of salvation), and 1 & 2 Thessalonians.  He is a really good teacher, and I am going to miss sitting under his instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment